OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

From:
Phillip North <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phillip North <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2016 19:17:08 -0400
Greetings from Northwest Ohio and the village of Delta.  This year at the Delta reservoirs we have had an occasional Osprey hanging out and yesterday one showed up again.  We have not had one nesting yet and may try to get a platform up this fall.  We also had 2 immature Bald Eagles hanging about yesterday and one flew over today as well.  Bald Eagles have been seen here before, notably 2 yrs ago when there was a question of nest activity but they did not hang around.  The only other species of note in the last week have been a flock of Ruddy Ducks,  Lessor Scup and one Pied-Billed Grebe.  Otherwise it was a beautiful day to be out for a walk,  Phillip and Tammy North