OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2016

From:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2016 00:17:04 +0000
Greetings all -

Between Huntington Reservation and Cahoon Park this morning, things were popping. Red-breasted Mergansers are building steadily in number, and Common Loons and Horned Grebes are scattered in pods and singles and doubles all along the shore. Off of Cahoon Park (Bay Village) first thing this morning was a basic plumage RED-THROATED LOON. A later, mid-morning check of Cahoon Park turned up 12 SURF SCOTERS and 4 BLACK SCOTERS. While scanning off to the west (from Cahoon Park, looking to the west = offshore Huntington) I picked up on a single CAVE SWALLOW foraging offshore to 500 feet and repeatedly whirling back again into a cove along the shoreline. We rushed to Lakeside Cemetery (a tiny cemetery just west of Huntington Reservation) but the bird was not to be found in the cove.

jb

Jen Brumfield
Cleveland, Ohio
330-701-6452