OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2016

From:
Dale Brubeck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:49:55 +0000
I went by the pond at Rings and Frantz in Dublin yesterday to see the greater white-fronted goose.  I did see the bird, standing in the water and drinking, but I did wonder how this bird was going to survive with its right wing dragging badly.  I just called the people/company the Ohio Wildlife Center recommends to call when there is a wild animal needing help. The individual who answered from "Scram" was at that point chasing geese away from the zoo, but he said he would go by and look at it to develop a plan to get the bird to the Ohio Wildlife Center for possible care, rehabilitation or whatever.  I asked if there was a charge, but he said no because the bird was in Dublin.  Not sure how that works, but I am hoping this bird does get care.  It seemed fat and functioning except for that wing. So the bird may be gone....and I hope it is on the way to good care and possible recovery or at least a nice life somewhere.

Dale Brubeck