OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2016

From:
Jon Benedetti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Benedetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2016 19:50:17 -0500
  Today's Mountwood Bird Club outing to Seneca Lake in Ohio was attended by
Lucine Wright, Barb & Neal Hohman, Archie Carpenter, Pat Collins and I.
cold and windy for part of the day. Lake level pretty low.

Birds:  "*" = highlights

Canada Goose
*Wood Duck - 2
*Gadwall - 10+
*American Wigeon - 3
*American Black Duck - 5
Mallard
*Blue-winged Teal 0 2
*Northern Shoveler - 12+
*Green-winged Teal - 10+
**BLACK SCOTER - 2
*Hooded Merganser 150+
*Ruddy Duck - 4
*Wild Turkey  - two flocks, 5 toms in one and a mixed flock of 15+
*Common Loon - 16+
Pied-billed Grebe - 10+
*Horned Grebe - 2
Double-crested Cormorant - 3
Great Blue Heron
*Black Vulture - 5 - 4 at Hohman's and 1 at Seneca Lake
*Bald Eagle - 3 - 2  adults and 1 younger bird
*Cooper's Hawk - 2
Red-shouldered Hawk - 1
Red-tailed Hawk
Killdeer - 1