OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2016

From:
Roger Troutman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Troutman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:59:23 -0500
Hello fellow birders and CBC'ers

*67th Wooster & 68th Mohican State Forest Ohio Christmas Bird Counts 2016*

You are cordially invited to participate in either or both of these
Christmas Bird Counts. All birding experience levels welcome!

 Note: Wooster Count participants. Due to Christmas falling on a Sunday,
rather than having the count on Christmas Eve day, we are opting to have it
on a 1st time weekday on Monday following Christmas. Hopefully this works
out for all

.

===*Wooster* Mon. Dec. 26th - Meet at the Bob Evans Restaurant off Route 30
on the south edge of Wooster. Meet @ 7 AM for breakfast and/or for
territory assignments.

Some participants meet circa noon at the Subway at the Bell Store's/Subway
Convenience Store at the northeast corner of St. Rt. 3 and 95.  All of
course are welcome to buy or brownbag and cover AM birding results.

=== *Mohican** State Forest**.* Sat. Dec 31th.  Meet at 7 AM at McDonalds
just south of  Loudonville on St. Rt. 3 for territory assignments and/or
breakfast.

Can't make the morning session?- join the group for a brown bag lunch at
the Pleasant Hill Reservoir Dam parking lot at 12:30 PM

                                                      *
Both count instructions*

If you need a territory assignment, directions etc before the count day or
have questions, contact me  by phone between 9 AM & 10 PM or by email
[log in to unmask]  anytime.

If you are new to the count or are traveling more than a half-hours
distance, please contact me (email preferred) if you are expecting to
attend.

This is the basic information, but please contact me if you have any
further questions.

There are no participation fees again this year but donations to Audubon's
CBC effort are welcome and tax deductible..

Roger [log in to unmask] or call (landline) (419) 884-3529