OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2017

From:
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2017 09:36:52 -0500

White-crowned sparrow – 6

Dark-eyed junco – 49

Northern cardinal – 83

Red-winged blackbird – 56

Rusty blackbird – 43

Common grackle – 3

Brown-headed cowbird – 14

Count week observations:

Cackling goose, Eastern meadowlark, Sandhill crane, Wild turkey, Turkey
vulture (1), Pilleated woodpecker, Red-headed woodpecker, Eastern screech
owl.

Thanks to our small but mighty group of dedicated counters. I only wish we
had been counting the next day! It was beautiful, not windy and full of
birds!

Eric Mullholand

Carey, Ohio (Wyandot County NWO)

--

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This message may contain student personally
identifiable information that is confidential. Such information is intended