OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2017

From:
Rick Luehrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Luehrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:22:38 -0500
I got out early this morning to see the Snow Geese today in Greene County. On the way I saw another large flock of 100+ Snow Geese at the Stringtown Rd overpass. When I got to the original location I reported yesterday (offramp from Interstate 35 and 72) the Snow Geese were all still present. Unfortunately someone with a camera and very large lens got out and started walking around the pond. Every Goose got spooked and flew away. These birds apparently are not used to much human interaction and will spook easily.