OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2017

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:32:18 +0000
I went to Sims Park in Euclid today from 11:30 to 12:50pm.  I should of gone yesterday as the heat shimmer over the water made it difficult to focus far off-was only able to see about 55 Common Goldeneye, small numbers of Red-breasted Mergansers, two Bufflehead, gulls and one Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the woods at the west end of the park that the disk golf players trample through--
Then I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks in Cleveland from 1 to 3pm.  I had gone there yesterday later in the day and had not seen anything interesting.  Today there was a pair of Northern Pintail in the wetland.  When I had run into Mark Anderson earlier in January he had seen them for several days during the week but I was only going on weekends and missed them.  At that time I noticed they were being seen around East 55th Street Marina on eBird so maybe they are the same ones.  Then as I walked up into the Wildwood woods (from Euclid Creek) I saw another Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.  Also saw two Brown Creepers in the birch/alder woods in the field north of the library.  I had seen one earlier this winter and Mark and seen two so maybe they are the same ones.  I haven't seen the Long-tailed Duck since last weekend.  Not sure it is around but didn't see it the last two days at Euclid Beach, Villa Angela or Wildwood.
Also, saw two Turkey Vultures slowly flying west near East 260th Street in Euclid before I went to Sims Park.
Nancy Anderson, Richmond Hts,https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/