OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2017

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:42:22 +0000
I watched from the tower at the Clark Road side of the Lake Erie Bluffs. This 50' tower provides 360 degrees of viewing. There were again a lot of geese moving today, however they were all Canada geese with 809 birds counted. Some were heading north and others were heading east along the she shoreline. I also saw 26 swans. Blackbird numbers were a little lower and most were moving well inland away from the immediate lakeshore. There were a lot of crows with over 400 birds counted. Also of note was an adult Iceland gull, an eastern phoebe, and 5 American pipits.

Lake Erie Bluffs- Clark Road, Lake, Ohio, US
Feb 23, 2017 7:10 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Stationary on tower.  Winds were gusty SW and turned west around 9:30.
26 species (+2 other taxa)

Canada Goose  809
Tundra Swan  26
American Black Duck  3