OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2017

From:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 08:32:38 -0500
Put this under, anything can happen in the birding world...  Had to go
to Cleveland Museum of Natural History yesterday and bird the way home
to Tiffin.  Cleveland lakefront was a little slow.  But along US 6
just before the Cuyahoga-Lorain county line, in a residential area
close to Lake Erie, I noticed a crow harassing a raptor which I
thought at first was a Red-tail but as the bird began to try to
escape, I realized it was a Short-eared Owl.  All of this was above
the tree tops at 12:30 PM and not a field to be seen...  The owl
continued north and, I assume, out over Lake Erie.

At the Lorain marina, I found the reported adult Laughing Gull resting
on one of the sets of docks.  There were 100's of Ring-billed Gulls
resting on these docks but this individual was resting by itself.

Tom

--
H. Thomas Bartlett
Tiffin, Ohio