OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2017

From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 17:11:50 -0400
This afternoon we went in search of Fish Crows. As there had been no
reports of chaseable crows, we just visited places where we have seen them
the past two years. We found 4-6 at the intersection of Mayfield Rd and
Warrensville Ctr. in South Euclid. The birds were flying up and down
Mayfield Rd to the east of Warrensville. A pair landed on the cross piece
of a light pole and 'billing' was observed, a form of courtship.

There are American Crows in the area as well. Both species called and we
could tell the difference between them. Also when the two species were in
close proximity, it was obvious that the Fish Crows were smaller.

Doreene Linzell
Dan Sanders
Jay Lehman

Jay Lehman will be posting a photo or two to Facebook in several hours.