OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2017

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 21:36:35 -0400
Similar to the begining of the week, I took the last day in March to finish
up the North Eastern side of Ohio.   k I visited Waynetage, Trimble
Mahoning and Columbiana counties.  Some places were great, some I was glad
I had a second place to visit in that county. :-D
Here is all the places I went:

Funk Bottoms
Shreve Lake Wildlife Area
Sippo Lake
Meyers Lake
Deer Creek
Berlin Lake
Lake Milton
Mosquito Creek
Guilford Lake
Zeppernick

All of the lakes I visited today we're averageing about two to three
 Common Loons till Mosquito Creek where I topped out at 13 between the
cemetery hill hotspot to the dam/State Park area...Then I went to little,
tiny by comparison to places like Findlay Reservoirs, Guilford Lake in
Columbiana County...I had an asylum, cry, loomery, raft, or water
dance(take your pick of noun) of 47 Common Loons!!  Never had I seen so
many in one place, and at such a small lake.

Other highlights of the day for me  were 5 Long-tailed Ducks at Lake
Milton, and 5 Canvasback Ducks at Mosquito Lake.

Pretty much the lists were the same otherwise...Typical spring ducks.

Gotta love it when you have a day off. :-D

Happy birding and God bless!

Steve J