From:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 11:45:26 -0400
The Loggerhead Shrike originally found by Irina Shulgina was relocated by myself and others at 10:30 this morning. It continued to show itself when I left at 11:30. It is favoring the trees in the western portion of the cow pasture, but was last seen on the northern section of fence near the bee lab. Patience is required, as the bird was doing its best to stay low and out of the wind.

I bit of an aside, but I was able to read the color bands on its legs (white over green - left, yellow - right) and found out some cool information about it. It was hatched in Ontario last summer, and released in July from one of their breeding programs in an effort to boost the population size.

Bird on!

Alex Eberts