From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:06:10 -0400
I visited several migrant traps in this northwest Columbus suburb, and had a fairly good morning.  I stopped at Sawmill Wetland (where I could only bird the perimeter since it's still closed), Kiwanis Park, Heather Glen Woods, and Coventry Woods.  These are all isolated woodlots in the central part of Dublin, and most had good #s of migrants this morning, including

Flycatchers - E.Phoebe and Great Crested (several spots), plus my FOS Acadian (Heather Glen)
Vireos - scarce, with Red-eyed & Blue-headed (Coventry), and White-eyed (Heather Glen)
Swallows,Swifts - plenty of Chimney Swifts, Tree & Barns along the Scioto River at Kiwanis
Gnatcatchers - plenty, with 3-5 at every stop
Thrushes - only 1 Hermit at Kiwanis
Mimids - Catbirds at every stop, plus a thrasher at Heather Glen
Warblers - Yellow-rumps still the most common, but also found Parula, Yellow, Blue-winged, Nashville, Tennessee, Chesnut-sided, American Redstart (my FOS at Coventry Woods), Black&White, Black-thr.Greens, Blackburnians (several spots), Palm, Ovenbird, N.Waterthrushes (2 @ Kiwanis), ComYellowthroats, Prothonotary (Kiwanis), Yellow-br.Chat (my FOS at Heather Glen).
Buntings,Grosbeaks - Indigo Buntings at every stop; Rose-br.Grosbeaks at two
Tanagers - male Scarlets at Sawmill, Heather Glen (4), and Coventry (2)
Orioles - singing Baltimores at Kiwanis & Heather Glen; an immature male Orchard was singing at Kiwanis