From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 20:31:34 -0400
I birded several areas along the eastern margin of the Glenn (formerly Port of Columbus) Airport, focusing on 'traps' at Whitehall Community Park, Pizzuro Park, and the north runway (Bridgeway Ave).  I was hoping for some early migrants, with the unsettled weather, but settled for:

BaldEagle - 1 adult was soaring along Big Walnut Creek at Pizzuro Park, shadowed by the resident Red-tail
Killdeer - several scattered around the grasslands of the runway
Pileated Woodpecker - 1 was calling at Whitehall Park
Rough-winged Swallows - 3 at Whitehall Park were my FOS
BrownCreepers - single birds were at both Whitehall Park and Pizzuro Park
Gnatcatcher - 1 was in the riparian strip at Pizzuro Park
Kinglets - all Golden-crowned, with 3-4 at each stop
Chipping Sparrows - singers at Whitehall and the Pet cemetery along the North Runway
FieldSparrows - singing birds at the North runway
E.Towhees - 3-4 birds were along the scrubby margins of Whitehall Park
E.Meadowlark - at least 1 was calling from the north runway grasslands