From:
Robert Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 20:28:49 +0000
This morning at dawn I decided to hike to our farthest, deepest ravine,
hoping to hear a Louisiana waterthrush, which had been sadly lacking so far
this spring. I fear that "our" waterthrushes have met with mishap, after
consistently nesting here every year since we arrived in 2000. Although I
detected no waterthrush I was rewarded with my FOS wood thrush, a
comparably beautiful voice.

Returning by way of the "back forty" scrubby field I also heard our first
house wren of the season, followed by another later in the morning near the
house in the north lot.

Bob Evans
Geologist, etc.
Hopewell Township, Muskingum County