From:
"P.J. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
P.J. Johnson
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2017 21:23:52 +0000
 ... but I still think it's important.
Last night I watched 12 or so Little Brown Bats hunting overhead in my side and back yards.  They've been showing up for five or so years, from some unknown place, and putting on a show.  Every Spring I worry about them -- did they survive the winter, did someone find and kill them, did they get White Nose Syndrome, etc. -- and so far every Spring I am delighted to see their return, and breathe a huge sigh of relief.  I sit on the back steps with one of the dogs, who could care less, and enjoy the show until it gets too dark.
Jean JohnsonLakemore, OH