From:
Sally Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2017 17:33:33 -0400
Got a late start ( Dave had a dentist Appt. this AM ) and I can't drive
for 3 more weeks due to a recent surgery.  Arrived at the boardwalk
about 1PM thinking there would be little activity but it was nice to be
out.  Highlights:  American Bittern took flight from some cattails,
Chimmey Swifts overhead,  2 Least Bitterns, Merlin,  2 Baltimore
Orioles,  2 Soras heard only.  Below is a complete list.

Mentor Marsh State Nature Preserve--Wake Robin, Lake, Ohio, US
May 3, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Sunny, slight breeze, 49 degrees
36 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  6
Wood Duck  2
Mallard  3
Blue-winged Teal  6
Bufflehead  1
American Bittern  1
Least Bittern  2     One has been previously reported with a picture;  very small bittern with buffy wing patches
Great Blue Heron  1
Green Heron  3
Turkey Vulture  2
Bald Eagle  1
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Sora  2     Heard only
Killdeer  3
Spotted Sandpiper  1
Solitary Sandpiper  3
Greater/Lesser Yellowlegs  32     3 different groups,  also single individuals
Mourning Dove  1
Chimney Swift  13
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1