From:
Sue Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2017 16:59:36 -0400
I am looking for someone in the Columbus, OH birding community to help me with a bird identification.

As I live 100 miles away, it is not a convenient trip to just pop down there.  The bird in question is in a relative's backyard/wooded area, so it is more for her than for me.  I've tried to I.D. it from the pictures she's taken, but she is not a birder and further "grilling for details" is getting nowhere for me.  She's seen it 3 times and has pictures.  If the creature is to be properly named, it will require someone with experience to do it.  It may not even be a bird, but that's my thought, not hers.  It's very small and doesn't fit the normal North American identification guides.

If some brave, interested soul is out there intrigued by my request, and who could drive to the location to view it, please contact me by my email, not the listserv, and I'll supply a few more details on the bird and an address/or phone number.

My husband and I were part of the OBBA I and II, have 35 years experience in birding Ohio, as well as all over the U.S. and Canada, so I know I risk my reputation getting someone involved in a possible "wild goose chase".  I promised the relative I'd help her find someone who could possibly help her with it.

Or, if someone out there knows a number to call, that I could pass on to her, that would be great, too.

Who knows?  You might be the one who gets to I.D. a rare bird!    Thanks for considering my request.

Sue Baxter
Hancock County, OH