From:
"Boutis, Nick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boutis, Nick
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2017 12:12:34 -0400
Hi all,

We held our eleventh annual Glen Helen big day on Saturday, with sightings
limited to the 1000 acre nature preserve, and active birding from 5:30 am
to 6:00pm.  Even though there weren't large numbers of most species, we
ended up with strong overall diversity.

We finished with a near-record 101 species, just one off our record of
102.  Most unusual find was a Marsh wren, which found wetlands enhanced by
3 inches of rain this past week.  We had 24 species of warblers, but missed
a number of birds that we would have reasonably expected, especially
thrushes.

Kudos and gratitude to everyone who helped find the birds of Glen
Helen!  Pasting
the list below.

Regards, Nick Boutis

Great Blue Heron

Turkey Vulture

Black Vulture

Canada Goose

Wood Duck

Mallard

Northern Harrier

Cooper's Hawk

Red-shouldered Hawk

Red-tailed Hawk

American Kestrel

Wild Turkey

Killdeer

Spotted Sandpiper

Rock Pigeon

Mourning Dove

Yellow-billed Cuckoo

Barred Owl

Chimney Swift

Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Belted Kingfisher

Red-headed Woodpecker

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Hairy Woodpecker

Northern Flicker

Pileated Woodpecker

Eastern Wood-Pewee

Least Flycatcher

Eastern Phoebe

Great Crested Flycatcher

Eastern Kingbird

White-eyed Vireo

Blue-headed Vireo

Yellow-throated Vireo

Warbling Vireo

Red-eyed Vireo

Blue Jay

American Crow

Tree Swallow

Northern Rough-winged Swallow

Barn Swallow

Carolina Chickadee

Tufted Titmouse

White-breasted Nuthatch

Brown Creeper

Carolina Wren

House Wren

Marsh Wren

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Eastern Bluebird

Wood Thrush

American Robin

Gray Catbird

Brown Thrasher

European Starling

Cedar Waxwing

Blue-winged Warbler

Tennessee Warbler

Nashville Warbler

Northern Parula

Yellow Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Cape May Warbler

Black-throated Blue Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Black-throated Green Warbler

Blackburnian Warbler

Yellow-throated Warbler

Palm Warbler

Bay-breasted Warbler

Blackpoll Warbler

Cerulean Warbler

Black-and-white Warbler

American Redstart

Ovenbird

Northern Waterthrush

Louisiana Waterthrush

Kentucky Warbler

Common Yellowthroat

Yellow-breasted Chat

Summer Tanager

Scarlet Tanager

Eastern Towhee

Chipping Sparrow

Field Sparrow

Song Sparrow

Swamp Sparrow

White-throated Sparrow

Northern Cardinal

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Indigo Bunting

Red-winged Blackbird

Common Grackle

Brown-headed Cowbird

Orchard Oriole

Baltimore Oriole

House Finch

American Goldfinch

House Sparrow

[image: Glen Helen Ecology Institute] <http://www.glenhelen.org/> Nick
Boutis | Executive Director
Glen Helen Ecology Institute | 405 Corry St. | Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Antioch's Natural Sanctuary | Outdoor Classroom | Living Laboratory
Telephone: 937-769-1902 | Mobile: 937-286-6884
[image: WebsiteGB] <http://www.glenhelen.org/>   [image: email]
<[log in to unmask]>    [image: Vcard Save Contact]
<http://www.companysig.com/vcards/show_vcard2.php/PHNRTB478602.vcf>   [image:
View map]
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=405+Corry+St.Yellow+Springs%2C+OH+45387>
   [image: Facebook button] <http://www.facebook.com/glenhelen>