OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2017

From:
Jeff Grabmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Grabmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:16:00 -0400
My father lives on the Ottawa River within the Toledo city limits. This
year, for the first time ever that I can recall, he has Marsh Wrens living
in the marshy edge.  The reason may be that the water level is higher than
it has been in years, and the marshy area has at least several inches of
water, if not more.  In previous years, it was just mud. It is a small
area, but I would estimate I heard at least three singing males, if not
more.  But in any case, this appears to be a new site for Marsh Wrens in
the state.

Jeff Grabmeier
Columbus