OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2017

Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:30:57 -0400
Yep, I've been seeing those two Common Loons on Nimisila for the last
couple months. I think the one that looks like it's in winter plumage may
be a 1st year.

The American Coot has also been hanging around in the reeds south of the
island for the last several weeks at least.

If you're able to take a kayak out to those reeds, you'll also find a
couple Least Bittern, and several Common Gallinule and Marsh Wrens.

Brian Tinker