OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2017

From:
Bob & Annie Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Folks who write to this forum, or write for Ohio bird publications, often
> have valuable information about finding birds. Sometimes the information
> may be personal--you may want to share with a friend the presence of
> nesting egrets or hummingbirds--or more often you may have some valuable
> experience of the birdlife worth sharing [...][log in to unmask]
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2017 23:16:55 -0400
Annie and I birded a wetland at the crossing of St Rt 33 and Coonpath Road in Lancaster, Fairfield Cty looking for shorebirds when we spotted a Glossy Ibis on the shoreline. A good day for shorebirds in the wetlands.  Most interesting bird behavior noted today was the Acadian Flycatchers landing in dirt patches and spreading wings and tail feathers soaking up the sunshine; other birds seen are listed below.

Mallard
American Black Duck
Woodduck
Great Blue Heron