OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2017

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:48:33 +0000
Conneaut Harbor is located in Ashtabula County, in extreme northeastern Ohio, on the south shore of Lake Erie, less than two miles from the Pennsylvania border. The amazing gathering of eagles continued this morning. We did an eagle count this morning, Monday, from about 7:45AM to about 8:30AM, totaling actual count of 81. Scoping from "The Sandspit" there were 31 on the east breakwall, 12 on the lighthouse (north) breakwall, 22 on the aggregate piles, and 16 at The Conneaut Creek ship channel and conveyor area, east of the Canadian National offices on Ford Avenue, also referred to as The Pittsburgh And Conneaut Dock Company. This is Ohio not Alaska!!! Also present is a single American Avocet and at least four Least Bitterns, just to name a few of the birds. Of the Bald Eagles there were 23 adults and 58 juveniles.

Bob and Denise Lane / Mahoning County