OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2017

From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:54:17 -0400
This morning, up to 3 Least Bitterns were seen as reported by other birders/photographers. I arrived around 9:30 & did not see any myself until around 10:30 when I saw 2 birds, one close by the lock south of the Boardwalk where a lot of the sightings have been. Other sightings were in flight including the one that flew from its perch above the lock right over an observer's head as it headed to the marshes East of the trail.

Another observer had a fuzzy iPhone photo of one by the river bend N of the Boardwalk near the power line cut.

It was a Green Heron day: I saw 5 birds. 2 Great Blues, 2 Belted KFs. Still a number of Tree Swallows. Carolina Wren was singing & a Red-eyed Vireo was seen near the lock.

Peggy Wang
Hudson