OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2017

From:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2017 08:45:00 -0400
Yesterday I had a Ruddy Turnstone at LaDue Reservoir in Geauga County.  It
showed up for about 15 minutes, preened so I could take it's picture, then
was not able to be found again by others. See picture on my eBird posting at
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38977327.

That being  said, it may still be around if you are interested in looking
for it. Dich Hoopes had a Sanderling the day before.  LaDue has the muddy
shoreline that shorebirds like so it is always worth a trip down Valley Road
(many pull-offs) and to park by the boathouse and walk north along the shore
to the bay that offers great views of mud.  THE BIRDS CHANGE EVERY DAY AND
THROUGHOUT THE DAY.  Recently there have been Common and Forster's Terns
with the Caspian's and the part of the reservoir by Auburn Road offers lots
of opportunities for Dowitcher's, Pectoral's, Solitary, Least, Semi-palm SP
and Plover, and 4 Green Heron's that are easy to see.  Just be careful to
stay behind the guard rails.

Good Birding,

Matt Valencic

"It is in giving that we receive."