OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2017

From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 21:16:14 -0400
I spent a few hours in the park this morning, starting on the Goldenrod Trail, then working around the Nature Center and the Lake Trail, and returning later to walk some of the ravine trails (Overlook and Streamside).  As the McNulties have noted, warblers and other migrants were thin on the ground, and I had to really search to find stuff.  Included in the list were:

Great Egret - 1 was with the geese and wood ducks on the very low Thoreau Lake
Red-headed Woodpecker - an immature bird flew over the first field of the Goldenrod Trail
Flycatchers - several Pewees were on the ravine trails, and a E.Phoebe was out at the Lake
Vireos - Red-eyed in several places; also had a singing Yellow-throated along the Overlook Trail
Wrens - House Wrens in many places, almost to double-digits
Thrushes - Swainson's at several different locations, perhaps 5 in all
CedarWaxwings - small flocks at several different places, perhaps 25 in all
Bunting,Grosbeak - Indigo Bunting along the Goldenrod Tr., while a Rose-br.Grosbeak was around the Nature Center feeders
Warblers - Am.Redstarts most common (5-6), but the list also included Tennessee, Magnolia, CapeMay, Black-thr.Blue, Black-thr.Green, Blackpoll, Bay-breasted, ComYellowthroat, and Wilson's