OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2017

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:46:33 +0000
I spent a couple hours on the tower at Lake Erie Bluffs this morning. There were small numbers of birds moving. Over the lake there were a number of gulls, cormorants, and Canada geese moving. Of note was a single black tern (uncommon locally) and a merlin that flew out to harass a couple bald eagles.

There were a few songbirds moving west along the lake including eight species of warblers. A few unidentified warblers were passing by at first light.

Lake Erie Bluffs- Clark Road, Lake, Ohio, US
Sep 14, 2017 6:50 AM - 8:50 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Cloudy with light southwest winds
51 species

Canada Goose  132
Mallard  7
Wild Turkey  9