From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2018 15:41:39 +0000
Andy Avram and myself did a little birding at the Lake Erie Bluffs this morning. we started at the tower and it was pretty good with several thousand waxwings and other migrants including several unidentified warblers. We also took around the area and not a lot was singing. Things seemed to slow down pretty quickly possibly due to the heat. here is a list of what was found.

Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark, Lake, Ohio, US
May 25, 2018 7:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
4.5 mile(s)
Comments: Light southeast winds. It warmed up quick and things quieted down fast. There were numerous flocks of cedar waxwings all heading west. Some flocks of several hundred birds were noted.
70 species

Canada Goose 22
Wood Duck 1
Mallard 2
Red-breasted Merganser 2
Wild Turkey 1
Double-crested Cormorant 29
Great Blue Heron 12
Green Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 36
Osprey 1
Cooper's Hawk 1
Bald Eagle 2
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 3
Spotted Sandpiper 4
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2
Black-billed Cuckoo 3
Chimney Swift 5
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
Willow Flycatcher 6
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Eastern Kingbird 27
Warbling Vireo 5
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 116
American Crow 7
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 43
Purple Martin 2
Tree Swallow 8
Bank Swallow 240
Barn Swallow 11
Black-capped Chickadee 1
House Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1
Veery 1
Swainson's Thrush 2
Wood Thrush 1
American Robin 6
Gray Catbird 32
Brown Thrasher 2
European Starling 31
Cedar Waxwing 6240 Large flocks were constant in the morning, all heading west. Some flocks of several hundred birds were noted
Common Yellowthroat 8
American Redstart 1
Yellow Warbler 47
Blackpoll Warbler 1