From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2018 21:40:23 -0400
I headed to my old patch today from when I lived in Lancaster a few years ago.

Nice and cool in the AM but it warmed quickly, silencing the birds. Nothing unusual but pleasant birding.

With all the leaves out, birding was mostly by ear but I had great looks at a  cooperative Kentucky Warbler that was singing and chipping, then perched up nicely before diving into deep cover.

Also good looks at a singing La WT w/textbook buffy flanks as well as a Hooded.

Other warblers heard: B&W, Black-thr Green, Worm-eating, Cerulean, Yellow-throated, Com YT, Blue-winged, Yellow, Ovenbird.

Yellow-throated (& Red-eyed) Vireos, Acadian FCs, Pileated WP. Many Wood Thrushes plus one silent perched Veery.

At Lk Logan, I picked Baltimore Oriole, White-eyed & Warbling Vireos, Bald Eagle (ad), Green & Great Blue Herons plus one female Wood Duck.

By the time I got to Wahkeena NR, it was quite warm & v quiet but I saw another Kentucky Warbler plus a couple v high Black Vultures.

Peggy Wang
Zanesville

Sent from my iPhone