From:
Birding Ecotours <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Birding Ecotours <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2018 18:02:44 -0400
Greetings, birders!

We returned from the Biggest Week in American Birding on Monday, only to be
treated to continued spectacular birding yesterday and (briefly) today, here
in central Ohio. A good number of Bobolinks are showing really well at
Glacier Ridge Metro Park. Migrant flycatchers seem to have arrived en masse
as there were large number of Willow Flycatchers there at Glacier Ridge
today, then at Kiwanis Riverside Park there were very vocal Alder and
Yellow-bellied Flycatchers yesterday. Our short visit to Kiwanis was really
excellent, in fact, as there was a Mourning Warbler (thanks Anna Wittmer)
and a Canada Warbler hanging out in the same bush, and a Broad-winged Hawk
flew over at one point. The OSU airport Upland Sandpipers have been
co-operative (thanks James Muller), and Dickcissels have also been around
there. Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park yesterday afternoon had really large
numbers of Henslow's Sparrows, many of them right next to the trail, a very
vocal Sedge Wren also right next to the trail (the Harrier Trail) and as
usual good numbers of American Bitterns, Sora and Virginia Rails.

If anyone wants more specific information about any of the above, just let
me know. And I'm always eager to get out birding - if there are a few people
who want to see any specific targets, I'd enjoy joining a morning session
somewhere to join up and try. I'm also leading a Columbus Audubon Society
outing to Battelle Darby next Wed morning - details will be on their website
and social media.

Ohio birding is spectacular at the moment.!

Cheers,

Chris

---

Chris Lotz

www.birdingecotours.com <http://www.birdingecotours.com/> - see the
Swarovski binocular giveaway on our home page

 <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birding-Ecotours/186476854747995>
cid:image005.png@01CD7B9D.C8E4EB60 <http://twitter.com/#!/BirdingEcotours>
cid:image006.png@01CD7B9D.C8E4EB60 <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
cid:image007.png@01CD7B9D.C8E4EB60

US cell phone: +1-614-969-8925 (Eastern Time)

Cell phone for text messages when outside of North America (I travel a
lot!): +27 72 635 1501

Dublin, Ohio, USA

See http://birdingecotours.com/contact/ for office contacts in South Africa,
the UK and Peru