MU-VMS Archives

June 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 1994 06:59:03 -0400
In mu.vms / MU-VMS, Paul wrote:

> I want to work on a message on my word processor, upload it into a file
> (called, say, message file a) and then send that message over e-mail
> to a number of people.  I know how to upload the file to the mainframe.
> My question is, how do I take the information from MESSAGE FILE A and
> insert it into the e-mail message?

Assuming from your return address and the file name syntax you cite that
you're looking for how to do this on MiamiU (the IBM VM system) rather
than MiaVX1 (the DEC VMS system):

At the VM system prompt, type

     MAIL addressee (FILE MESSAGE FILE A

where addressee is the nickname or full e-mail address of your intended
recipient.  This will put you in XEDIT with the file appearing under your
mail header info, and you can proceed as usual (using PF2 to add lines
as desired).

> Thanks for your help....

> Paul

For anyone looking to do this on VMS, at the EMAIL> prompt, type

     SEND file.name

This will put you in EVE (or your personal default editor) with the file
appearing above your MAIL.SIGNATURE (if you use one).

John

--

                          John B Harlan
         Campus Wide Information System (CWIS) Coordinator