MUTALK Archives

November 1994

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 15:15:45 -0500
In article <1994Nov2.132208.32912@miavx1>, [log in to unmask]
(Neschek) writes:
> In article <1994Nov2.095218.32894@miavx1>, [log in to unmask]
(Brian Samson) writes:
>> We have a celebrety on our hands, people!  And it's John "Adder" Fink!
>>
>> In the November 7 1994 issue of Newsweek (current issue), there's an
>> article about computer LambdaMOO.  As I was getting into the story (and
>> my Life cereal), I read the following:
>>
>>      "Whether you're short or tall, fat or thin, black or white, ugly or
>>      beautiful in real life, what determines how you look on Lambda is
>>      completely controllable," says John Fink, a 21-year-old senior at
>>      Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, who took his character,
>>      Yossarian, from Joseph Heller's "Catch-22."
>>
>> (There's one more quote in there from John, too.)  Well, I almost spit
>> out my cereal!  Not only do I know a celebrety, and he's in Newsweek, but
>> Newsweek also told the world that Miami is in Ohio!
>>
>> Oh, what a day I am already having!
>>
>> Brian
>

> Thank you, thank you.  I will be on hand to sign autographs. :)
>
> Anyone else see this?  I'm tickled completely pink, too.
>

> -- adder
why john fink, i only just found out about you and now you're a national
celebrity, there's a few things that i'd like to know still though, why do you
have your hands (both of them) in your shirt in the picture in Newsweek, and
who is the girl standing next to you with the shirt that says "Kiss me, I'm a
prince trapped in a frog's body!"  She was hot, I hope you didn't kiss her,
anyway, I congratulate you on your new fame, but I hope it isn't "your five
minutes in the public eye" that everyone gets, i think that that is a pretty
lame five minutes.
        NOTE:  if you start to get depressed about this being your only time
with national celebrity status, DO NOT TAKE SHOTS AT THE WHITE HOUSE WITH A
                                HIGH-POWERED RIFLE!!!

spill