INNISBRK Archives

July 1995

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
CANDACE COX <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 12:02:03 -0600
Rosemary,

Thanks for the info on WYNCOM.  I had a good discussion with Connie
Holman and am sending aletter of intro and ideas on United Artists
collaboration to Jerry Miller, CEO.

Regarding your needed luncheon speaker in October, one idea is Dr. Carl
Larson, prof of human comm at Univ of Denver.  Carl was our SMART meeting
speaker three years ago--talking about his research on team performance,
diversity, and Getting Connected (one-on-one relationship building).
SMARTies really liked him--you might ask Peggy.

Carl is particularly good in front of throngs of people.  With your
eclectic audience, his anecdotal description of personal interviews with
such extraordinary team leaders as Hon. Elliott Richardson (prez.
cabinet), Challenger Disaster Investigation team, DeBakey's open heart
surgery team, IBM PC development team, and Chicken McNuggets McDonald's
team would be of interest to the audience, regardless of their
professions/life styles.

Carl could also talk about his findings on relationships, both
professional and intimate (personal).  Can relate to all people,
including business folk.

Let me know if you want to pursue.  I can send you his bio; he has
several books out on teamwork, and one recently called Collaborative
Leadership.

Have fun in Providence--glad to hear you are focusing on your personal
life, too!!

Candace