CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 13:59:06 CDT
Jay Pasquantonio <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Sender:       The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Jay Pasquantonio <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      NC/Triangle Bands
>
>        The Connells really head up my list for best of the Triangle, though.
>BTW, does anybody know where I could get a Nikki Meets the Hibachi album
>called _The Bluest Sky_?  It was stolen from my car last Christmas
>(along with all the rest of my CDs) in Parkersburg, WVa, and it was
>really a transcendent album.  I`ve searched for it throughout Chapel
>Hill without any success.  I`d really appreciate it, and would pay top
>dollar.

        On the subject of NC/Triangle bands, I feel compelled to
mention the Archers of Loaf.  If you like loud rocking music, you will
love the Archers.  They are my favorite band.  If you want more info
on the Archers, I run their web page (along with the Connells web
page).  The URL for the Archers page is

http://www.wku.edu/~jonesrw/archers/go_loaf.html

        On the subject of Nikki Meets the Hibachi, their albums are no
longer produced.  They broke up a couple of years ago (although they
reformed for two shows earlier this year).  The only hope you have of
finding their album is at a used record store.  I have only heard one
song of theirs, "The Bluest Sky," and I must say it was absolutely
beautiful.  Hope this helps.

Bob
| Bob Jones                |  For links to an Archers of Loaf page and  |
| [log in to unmask]   |  a Connells page, check out my own         |
| [log in to unmask]    |  homepage at URL:                          |
|                          |  http://www.wku.edu/~jonesrw/              |