CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 08:53:53 -0400
>Sender:       The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       WRIGHT KEVIN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: The late 1980's - Vintage Connells
>
>>Does anyone have any stories about shows they saw during their early years?

The first time I saw the band was right around the time
of Darker Days in Greensboro, NC.  In fact, they rented my PA system.
As I recall they did a number of cover tunes, locomotive breath maybe?
This was right around the time when DOug was figuring out that he really
couldn't sing in the forced brit accent he
had tried on DD, and he was working on the voice he now uses.
Probably a good idea!

Jon

PS: I've never seen a Connells video, since I don't watch much TV.
Are there any out there for sale?

Jonathon S. Epstein
Department of Sociology                            "I need no burning crosses
Wake Forest University                              to illuminate my
nights."        Winston Salem,  North Carolina 27109
Motorhead
(910)759-5447