CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 15:16:39 -0500
Well folks,

I have the tapes from TVT and am beginning to craft some of the tapes for the
branches.  Unfortunately, we have a lot of interest and few branches.  I do
not like the idea of moving my originals around so this will be a traditional
tape tree.  I will put the tree together this weekend and send out seed tapes
hopefully by Monday.  In fact, I am devoting a good portion of Friday to
putting this all together.  So, anyone who has not signed up for the video
tape tree has until Friday (10-20-95) to do so.  I will close the tree at
Noon on that day.  I will also post the structure of the tree along with the
list of videos on Saturday or Sunday.  We DID get the George Huntley video
and it is the closest I have gotten to his CD.

The boys will be coming back from Europe this Sunday.  They are up for an
European Golden Award (the European version of the Grammy) for song of the
year.  Its for '74-'75 I believe.  They are selling tons of records over
there, so we should be pleased with that.  I talked with Sharon at Black Park
and she said that we can expect the new Connells record in February (So, hang
on).  No word on George's record--its still up in the air in terms of a
release date.

There is also a plan for a nation-wide tour in support of the record.  They
will hit the east and west coasts during this tour.  As far as dates in the
future here in the US:  There is going to be a date somewhere in Florida on
the 16th of November added to the list that has been posted.

Well, that's all I got...

Take care everyone,

-Art

 "Aren't all big boohoos misquoted?"
 "Misquoted, distorted, diluted, and deified.  At the hands of his
worshippers,
  Jesus suffered a far worse fate than crucifixion."

                              _Even Cowgirls Get The Blues_

                                            -Tom Robbins