CONNELLS Archives

October 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jon Epstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:18:18 -0400
Lot's of great bands were around at the same time the Connells
formed in N.C..  Don Dixon, Let's Active, The dBs, The Vangaurd,
The Woods, Southern Culture on the Skids, Treva Spontaine
and the Grafics. the early to mid eighties in North Carolina was
an amazing period.  R.E.M.  played her all the time, and recorded their
first album in Winston Salem.  Another local band made good is Corrosion of
Conformity, a metal band from Charlotte.  They're really good.  Check out
the album _Delieverance_.

Jon

>Hello All,
>
>I am originally from Boston and feel that we have "a great sound" ie.
>The Pixies, Til Tuesday, Tribe, Morphine, Belly, ...
>
>I also like the sound of NC bands such as The Connells && Superchunk.
>Can anyone tell me of other great native NC bands ?
>
>Thanks,
>e.-

Jonathon S. Epstein
Department of Sociology                   "Narf"
Wake Forest University                       Pinky
Winston Salem, N.C. 27109
(910)-759-5447