CONNELLS Archives

November 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 17:09:29 -0500
Best CD of the 90s? That is a question whose inherent subjectivity makes
it nearly impossible to answer. But I will anyway.

I don't even count the Connells (or the Judybats) in this because they
have to be judged on a higher plane, I believe. So...

1. REM- Automatic for the People
2. Dave Matthews Band- Under the Table and Dreaming
3. Counting Crows- August and Everything After
4. Toad the Wet Sprocket- Dulcinea
5. REM- Monster

Yep. Those are some good ones. Oh yeah, you have to stick The Jayhawks,
Tomorrow the Green Grass in there somewhere. Maybe number 2.

As for Nirvana, they are good, but I won't put them with these. As for
Pearl Jam, I only have one word: weak. That is my feeling on that.

-Mike at Amherst