CONNELLS Archives

November 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tim Rostan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:53:04 +0000
>What I was going to ask was, of all the people on this list who have seen
>The Connells in concert so many times -- how are they introduced at the
>shows? Those of you who have talked to members of the band before or after
>shows -- didn't the name come up in conversation? How did they say it
>among themselves?
>
>Steve Cain

I've seen them probably six times, but -- and this could be a function of
chronic lateness (though I don't think I'd ever actually be late for a
Connells show) -- I've never heard them introduced. It seems to me that
they've just walked out on the stage and started playing. Maybe I'd have to
see them in Vegas to get the full, "Ladies and gentlemen ..." treatment.

As for the vote, Steve, I am so solidly on the fence that, despite having
(sort of) proposed the vote, I must abstain. Still, I'm anxious to see the
results. I've lost count already of the people who weighed in yesterday.
Can anybody else come forward as judge and jury?

Tim Rostan
Copy editor
Open Media Research Institute
Prague, Czech Republic