CONNELLS Archives

November 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tom Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 21:08:43 +0300
Hey folks,

Thought I'd finally get that lyrics thread going.  My thanks to
[log in to unmask] for maintaining the Connells web
page - great job!!  The lyrics shown there served as a starting
point, and I went through and made some attempts to decipher
the missing bits and make corrections... I'll mail our "consensus"
(if we ever reach one) along to the web page when we get that far.

This should be a lot of fun - don't hesitate to post your favorite
"mis-hearings" too!

I figure that since the "One Simple Word" album doesn't have
lyrics listed on the cd or tape insert, we'll start from song one....

Stone Cold Yesterday (M. Connell, D. MacMillan)

I want a word with you, 'bout some average Jimmy.
He told me things that I guess I never knew.
He was a bad dancer, 'til he learned to shimmy.
He was adrift till the world came into view.

He had an old stand-by - not your average Betty.
She showed me things that I guess I always knew.
She was a slow burner, 'til the work got steady.
She wasn't found until the early afternoon.

Hey, get me out of this some way.
I wouldn't feel so inhibited.
Gotta get me out of this some way.
I want to see what it is that seems.

Chorus: Stone cold yesterday, changed, how did it change me?
Don't it make you wonder, man?
Stone cold yesterday, changed, how did it change me?
Don't it make you wonder, man?

Hey, get me out of this some way.
I wouldn't feel so inhibited.
Gotta get me out to this some way.
I want to see what it is that seems.

(repeat chorus)

And I walked, and I breathed, and I tried, how did it change me?
Don't it make you wonder, man?
Stone cold yesterday, changed, how did it change me?
Don't it make you wonder, man?

Tom Parker