CONNELLS Archives

January 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 16:34:21 -0500
Subject: Huntley's new record

Art:  Do you know anything about George Huntley's new solo record  (I think
it's called Brainjunk)?  Heard rumors that it had been  released, but I can't
locate a copy of it out here in Dallas.   Thanks.  Mike Allen.
Ok, ok many of you are asking about the record.  I will say a few things
about it.  Also check the archives, I posted some info a few months ago as
well.

If I remember correctly the record is supposed to come out in February
(something like the 15th).  I will call Black Park and try and get an update
on the record.  I have this much info:

George Huntley - BrainJunk tvt 5510-2 1995
1.  freeman
2.  one good reason
3.  honestly
4.  overdose
5.  i'll see you there
6.  tammy
7.  harry lee
8.  feather
9.  stand up man
10. comfort home
11. ever want me to (this is the one they made a video for)
12. catch fire

Peele plays on freeman, one good reason, honestly, stand up man, comfort
home, catch fire and Peele does percussion on overdose, feather, and ever
want me to.
Otherwise, few Connell-ian elements (except that tim harper is the connells
soundguy and produced the new connells record which also should be out soon).
I have a copy of the cd and it is quite mellow. The record as a whole is
quite stripped and acoustic.  My personal fave is catch fire.  I have held
back giving a review of the record because I think it is extremely unfair and
uncool for someone to go on and on about something that everyone else does
not have.

The record is produced by tim harper and tonny battaglia with george huntley
recording by tim harper at criteria studios

lyrics are included in the liner notes. I hope this helps.  like I said I
will contact Black Park on Monday and see what else I can dig up.

-Art

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)