CONNELLS Archives

January 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Andrew Freck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 15:50:00 -0500
        I was just saying what it's like at the college stations here in
Atlanta. I've visited the station with a friend of mine who's a DJ and
made him play some Connells stuff when he had open "gold" slots in which
he could play whatever he wanted. I was seriously trying to become a
DJ at the station, but I'm really not sure if I want to be a part of it,
considering what they play. I guess I could eventually change that by
playing talented unpopular bands on my gold slots, but a solitary DJ
can't make that big of an impression.
        The problem, IMO, are the music directors. They're what I would
call alternateens. They hate anything to do with talent and production
and simply love playing underproduced, untalented bands. They think it's
cool or something. I really don't agree... but... That's the way things
are right now. They used to play some really good stuff up until about 3
years ago.

-Andrew (Night Rain)