INNISBRK Archives

February 1996

INNISBRK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeff Truelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Innisbrook Program discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 08:52:21 -0500
Those of you who have seen this before may continue with your regularly
scheduled lives...
We are all learning how to use the 'net and its parts. It would help, if we
expect to get value from it, if a few conventions were observed.
When a message gets posted on a list (such as
[log in to unmask]), the original poster's address is buried in
the message. If you want to send a reply to EVERYONE ON THE LIST, then find
the REPLY command, and your comments will go out via the listserver.
If on the other hand, you want to communicate to just the person who wrote a
message (e.g., to thank them for answering a question you asked), PLEASE
direct you message to their address, and NOT back the listserver. Pardon me
for my snobbery, but I don't need to wade through messages from Skippy
thanking Buffy for her reply to Mindy's question. To paraphrase Truman
Capote, that's not information, that's typing...

And next time I promise to insert even MORE randomly placed words in CAPITAL
letters.
My email address is listed below. Kindly use it, if you want to talk to ME.
Thanks.
=
= Jeff T. ([log in to unmask])
= There are 26 vitamins in all, but some of the letters haven't
= been discovered yet.  Finding them all means living forever.
=