CONNELLS Archives

March 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 16:31:39 -0500
Tom & Craig,

There are no plans to release a video compilation.  If you are interested, I
have made a compilation with the blessing of the record company and we might
be able to work something out.

Subject: Re: Videos?
On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Thomas Morter wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I've been a Connells fan for several years, but haven't seen any of their
> videos!  Does anyone out there have a collection of all the Connells' videos
> (from MTV or wherever)?  I'd love to have a copy of it!  If not, does anyone
> know if they have plans to release a video compilation on VHS?
> Thanks
> -Tom
Ditto here.  I would greatly appreciate a copy of the video;  I joined
the list after the video tree had been set up.  So, are there any
benevolent souls out there?  Thanks.  Craig [log in to unmask]

Scott, the band sold very well overseas.  They sold over 250,000 copies of
Ring if we include US and Overseas markets.  They also sold a few thousand
copies of '74-'75 and "New Boy."  We have talked about this in the past, so
check past files at [log in to unmask]

> Also, does anyone know anything about what successes the Connells have
> enjoyed overseas?

New record in May in the US.  Probably a few months after in Europe.  Yes, you
could order through a number of distributors.  Talk to Adam at TVT about this.
 His e-mail is [log in to unmask]

> When is C's new album going to be released in Sweden?
> Is it possible to order it directly from you in USA?

-Art

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056
http://www.lib.muohio.edu/~skimmel/jipson/jipsonpage.html