CONNELLS Archives

March 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 23:01:44 -0500
HEY everyone. Just returned from Spring Break. I picked up the copy of Brain
Junk at Best Buy and have found it to be pleasant listening. Right now I'm
still partial to Freeman I think, but some of the stuff is growing me. The more
upbeat it is, i find, the more I like it. One Good reason. Solid stuff.

Anyway, I went to a terrific concert Saturday night at the Metro in Chicago.
Material Issue with Possum DIxon opening. It was one of the best performances
I've ever seen. Both bands were really on, playing their great stuff.
I ended up going by myself (sounds pathetic, but all my friends were at school
or out of town) but I still managed to have a fantastic time. I'm still
psyched from it. I need to pick up Possum Dixon's new CD this week. Anyone
have it? All in all, the show was just a great experience though. It had
been a while since I made it to a show with a band I really love, but this
was definately a keeper.

Did I mention I like Honesty on Brain Junk, too? It's playing as I type.
Solid. Kudos to George.

Anyway, I feel kind of out of it. What's up with the tape tree??????

Mike