CONNELLS Archives

March 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 16:32:44 -0000
>Hi there,
>
> > Well, it seems you have good musical tastes.
>
>Thanks, I'm glad you think so.
>
> > I like all of them, but I haven't heard any hothouse flowers.
> > Are they really good?  Who do they sound like???
>
>Well, actually I've only got one CD-single with them, so I'm not the right
>person to tell.
>
> > They've been around for a long time haven't they???
>
>Yes, that's right. They've been around for quite a while now. And like you, I
>haven't heard that much songs with them, yet. However, they've got some real
>big hits, that's what I know.

The Flowers are awesome! They're a really great live band. I saw them
open up for Midnight Oil a couple of years ago. I recommend "Songs From
the Rain" or "Home". They're (well 3 of them at least ) are currently
working on their new album. Buy one of the two I mentioned, and give it a
listen. You probably won't like it, but give it a little time, and you'll
really grow to love it. Those are the best albums, the ones that you
don't really care for right off the bat...

 #     #                  ####    check out my homepage and find out
 #     #                  #   #   about my band, HAM, and about Dakoda
  # # #                   #   #                  Motor Co. on the
  # # #  I  N  S  T  O  N ####  A  C  C  U  S    Dakoda Motorhome and
   # #                    #   #                  get the latest about
   # #  [log in to unmask] #   #   the reunion of Guadalcanal Diary at
   # #                    ####  http://www.tusc.net/~wbaccus1/home.html