CONNELLS Archives

March 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 23:30:07 -0000
>Your note was the very first thing I received on the Connells mailing list,
>and what a coincidence!  I had just yesterday sent a long posting to another
>list telling someone all about Guadalcanal Diary.  I'm pleased to hear about
>the possibility of a reunion, and I will check out your web page soon.  Note:
> I am desperate for their first three albums on CD.  (Has 'Jamboree' ever
>been released on CD at all? -- I've never seen it.)
>
>On the other topic, I have only one Hothouse Flowers album, the first one,
>'People', and I love it.  I am pleased to hear that you like the other two a
>lot.  I find the first one to be very charming, especially "It'll Be Easier
>In The Morning", "Ballad Of Katie" and the CD bonus track, "Saved".

Well, that is strange. Yep the Guads are playing two shows early next
month, one in Athens, GA, and one in Atlanta. BTW, Jamboree was never
released on CD, and all of the albums are very hard to find because
they're out of print. If anyone on the list has access to any copies of
"2x4" on CD, I know of several people, including myself, who would love
to get it.

Hothouse Flowers - Interesting, because "People" is the album I like the
least, get the others!

 #     #                  ####    check out my homepage and find out
 #     #                  #   #   about my band, HAM, and about Dakoda
  # # #                   #   #                  Motor Co. on the
  # # #  I  N  S  T  O  N ####  A  C  C  U  S    Dakoda Motorhome and
   # #                    #   #                  get the latest about
   # #  [log in to unmask] #   #   the reunion of Guadalcanal Diary at
   # #                    ####  http://www.tusc.net/~wbaccus1/home.html