CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chadd Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 20:49:49 -0400
> Hi, Caroline (and everyone)...
> I will check with the DSU events office tomorrow and will confirm the
> Connells for sure for April 12 (this Friday).  As of last Thursday, the
> Connells WERE coming to Delta State for sure, but with so many people
> wondering about the Baltimore show @ Hammerjacks, I'd like to check this
> out myself...
> Later...
> << WKS >>

Hi William,
  I'm also checking on this end for the Baltimore show.  The Ticketmaster
outlet here actually sold me tickets yesterday for the Hammerjack's show,
which led me to believe that it was still going to happen.  But many clues
point to them playing at Delta State on Friday:  1) Our date was a tentative
reschedule date, while yours appears to be a fixed date; 2) Hammerjack's isn't
promoting this show at all, nor is it mentioned on their concert line;
3) I never trust Ticketmaster.  =)  I called Ticketmaster, and they say that
the show has been completely cancelled.  But I wanted to check with
Hammerjack's because of reason #3.  However, a phone call to them tonight
yielded no definitive answer--"Maybe you should call back tomorrow and
check with so-and-so..."  I'll call them tomorrow and attempt to find out,
but at this point, I suspect you lucky fans near Delta State will be
seeing a great show Friday night.

Chadd