CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 07:52:58 -0500
>> Tour plans are sporadic
>> until the CD is released although they have put in a bid to support
>> Hootie on a summer shed tour starting in about a month and a half.
>>

> Groan.
>
> Lets hope the second Blowfish album meets only with limited success or else
> we're all really going to have to 1) pay through the nose for tickets and 2)
> be treated to an abbreviated set with no encores while sitting with and
> audience who only seems to be there so they can hear "Let Her Cry" one more
> time.
>
> Joy.

Forget about that. Anxiously poised as I am to see the Connells in
concert for the first time, I will not pay for Hootie tickets (nor
stand in the kind of line a Hootie concert would inevitably generate)
to see them.

I know it would be great publicity for them, but it's a sore blow for
existing Connells fans.

I'll just have to hope that they also play a club date here (Dallas)
or at least in Austin.

Steve